screen protector

Reaction score
ok so at&t didnt have the good screen protectors and had to settle for the cheap ones. she showed me one on her iphone 5 that you could just about drag a nail across. can remember what it was called. suggestions ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
My suggestion is try going without a screen protector for awhile and see how you like it. I had one on my iPhone for over a year and never did like the feel of it. I finally took it off a few weeks ago and I swear I'll never use one again. The bare glass just feels so much better (kinda like going without a condom) and is easier to keep clean. If you're worried about scratching or harming the screen, get a bumper case that protrudes past the screen or covers it altogether when not in use. Never hurt my screen on a drop and glass is harder to scratch than most people think. Breaking is a different story, but a screen protector will hardly help you there...

C

chas_m

I have always preferred the approach of buying a case that has a "lip" over the front so that if I ever drop the iPhone (luckily I never have) and it lands face down, the glass still wouldn't be damaged. I guess because I'm always mindful of how much a replacement would cost, I've been careful in handling the iPhone and haven't had any issues so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I use front and back Invisible Shield by Zagg. Mainly because 1) I carry my phone in my pocket at all times, 2) I don't like cases but want to protect it from scratches, and 3) I re-sell my iPhone every 2 yrs when my AT&T contract is up and buy a new one and I want maximum value out of it.

I actually got the HD protection on the front because it's very smooth to the touch and just standard on the back.

C

chas_m

Hmmm, that's a good idea for those who want to go "caseless." I might consider that when I get my iPhone 5s.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I have found Belkin screen protectors to be a good product. I use a screen protector on the front and have a Ted Baker case which covers the sides and back. This is a very slim case with a rubberised finish to help prevent dropping.

I always think it's a shame to have a slim phone like the iPhone 5s and put a bulky case on it. I keep mine in my hip pocket, so compactness is important to me.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Used Zagg for awhile. Have been using Tech Armor for the last few - inexpensive at Amazon and appears to be the same as Zagg. I use the matte/anti fingerprint protectors on the front and have another brand coming for back protection - which I won't name since I haven't seen or tried it yet. Don't want a case on it while using it.

Recommend Sena cases - my first one, bought for the first gen iPhone and now houses a 3GS used as an iPod, is now over 6 yrs old and has worn like you would expect any fine leather product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
vote for Zagg too. I don't like the feel, but you can't beat the protection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.