Getting Itunes Purchases to Instantly Download to Iphone?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have an Iphone 4S, and I recently updated to the new IOS.

Before, when I purchased an album on Itunes it would automatically be downloaded to my phone without me having to connect to my computer or do anything on my phone at all, I would just purchase it on the computer, and the next time I used my phone I would just be in my music library.

However, that doesn't happen anymore and I'm not sure why. I can't recall when it started to not work anymore, but I don't think that IOS 7 had anything to do with it.

Do you guys know how I can enable this feature again? I know that I can always just download them to my phone manually from iCloud, but I really liked the automatic feature because the icloud download thing has screwed up my music sync in the past.

Thanks for any help!

C

chas_m

Turn on Automatic Downloads on your iPhone. Sounds like the upgrade somehow turned it off.

It's also possible that your iPhone is simply ... full!

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Oddly when I went into settings automatic downloads was turned on for Music and Apps already. The only one that was off was Updates, so I turned that on as well just to see what happens.

That said, I purchased an album yesterday and it didn't automatically download to my phone, so I'm sort of baffled. I can add it to my phone no problem by connecting to my computer, so I don't think memory is an issue. Unless maybe it wont download once you pass a threshold in terms of memory even if you are not completely full?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.