Application Installations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC 27" 3.4GHz i7 16GB RAM 3TB HDD
Hi, I am new to MACs and on a steep learning curve after years of working with Windows. I have recently bought an iMAC for running Lightroom. I have installed this, but had to install it twice because there are two user accounts. I have now learned that this should have been installed just once for All Users. Is there an easy way to fix this such that I don't have to install updated twice each time etc? Or will I have to uninstall it from both user accounts then re-install it at the root for All Users? Will this effect my license (it is a proper bought copy). Also I have Google NIK Collection installed with it for both users, again, same question. Many thanks for any advise given....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
will I have to uninstall it from both user accounts then re-install it at the root for All Users? ..

That's what I would do. Don't know if it affects your license. If you did not have to enter a license number, then no, I don't think so. Where did you purchase the app and in what form?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC 27" 3.4GHz i7 16GB RAM 3TB HDD
The Lightroom App was purchased from Adobe and NIK Collection from Google NIK, both are the official vendors for each piece of software. I will try uninstalling each User version and re-installing a single instance and see what happens...
Thanks,

C

chas_m

How many people are using this computer??

Normal setup is one Admin account. The end.

Reaction score
If you install it in the main /Applications folder it will be available to all users. Whether all users can use it legally depends on the license.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
^ Yeah, that's what I was getting at asking "in what form?". That is, if you have a DVD, then just reinstall it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.