Preview - Print specific search result pages

Avi

Reaction score
Preview/PDF - Print specific search result pages

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and I was hoping that someone might have ideas about something I'd like to accomplish. Here it is:

Let's say I have a PDF file containing 40 pages, and I want to find the term "not verified". So I do a search and there are 22 results (each "not verified" appears on its own page, so there are 22 pages that have the term). Is there a way that I can print only those 22 pages? When the results show up, there is a list of those pages (not thumbnails) so I can't select those 22 pages to print.

If anyone has any ideas about how to get this done (or on Adobe Reader) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You

Reaction score
Here I am 3 years later asking the same question How to print specific search result pages in Mac Preview - now on El Capitan.

Please, bring on the answers/solutions - other than doing 40 pages of results one-by-one ~~~~~ :(

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum and I was hoping that someone might have ideas about something I'd like to accomplish. Here it is:

Let's say I have a PDF file containing 40 pages, and I want to find the term "not verified". So I do a search and there are 22 results (each "not verified" appears on its own page, so there are 22 pages that have the term). Is there a way that I can print only those 22 pages? When the results show up, there is a list of those pages (not thumbnails) so I can't select those 22 pages to print.

If anyone has any ideas about how to get this done (or on Adobe Reader) I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Here's thee only thing I can think of at the moment. Perhaps others will have a better options.
1. Open your PDF in Preview just as you normally would.
2. In Preview go to the View menu and make sure Table of Contents is checked. This opens a sidebar in the document.
3. Enter your search term. The sidebar now shows thumbnails of the pages with your search terms. Write those numbers down.
4. Open the Print Dialog and choose Select Pages in Sidebar​.

Edit: For some printers you may need to select a print option that says something like "pages" with a box for you to enter page numbers/ Non contiguous pages can usually be separated by commas and contiguous pages separated by a dash. to print pages 5, 7, and 10 to 12 would look like this 5, 7, 10-12.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.