cleanmymac 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 27inch, 2017, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (14D127a)
CleanmyMac2 is excellent

Contrary to what others think I find this program to be very good. I have used it regularly and never had any problems with it.

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Contrary to what others think I find this program to be very good. I have used it regularly and never had any problems with it.

Brian

And you would have to be one of the lucky ones, Honestly !!!!

I could go through these forums, other forums, google, Bing, Yahoo and i could keep going, and show you more than there should be on the internet about one product and how bad it is, even been called a Hoax and so on.

At the end of the day, it works for you, great, but there is years of knowledge here, and we have seen it all, and that is why we steer people clear, because we would rather them be safe than sorry, and to be totally honest, there are at least 2/3/4/5 better Apps out there that do a job 100% better than this and that . . .

Reaction score
Well, thank you to all of the vets/mods for your help!

So, I'm about to download ONYX, I don't see a 'payment' filed yet, but I have not downloaded it yet. I assume this is NOT free? Any suggestions before I download this onto my iMac? Any little annoying things like, Oh, I forgot to tell you about doing this before you download......?

Again, thanks to everyone, hopefully I'll have good new to report once I download this.;D

Scott

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Make sure you download the version matching the version of OS X you are running.

In this particular case, you would assume wrong. Onyx is free.

There is a lot of stuff in it.
Until you spend the time to go through and look at all the tabs to see what it can do, recommend using the Automation tab, checking everything in the Cleaning and Maintenance sections. I only use it when I begin noticing a little slow down - not as regular "before anything happens" maintenance like in that other OS - you'll likely need it no more often than once every 2-4 months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi
Any little annoying things like, Oh, I forgot to tell you about doing this before you download......?

No, there are no surprises. I have been using it for several months and run it once a week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Just received an email from these people, 'CleanMyMac2'. It has the forum logo on it and the email states I received this offer because I subscribe to the forum.

Whaaaaaaat????? How is that even possible? They can't get your email address from here! Was this a direct email, or a notification of a message you received privately here in the forum? I'd love to get an admin's take on this. Are the site owners involved in this somehow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi
Maybe he means their forum.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'd love to get an admin's take on this. Are the site owners involved in this somehow?
We're trying to figure this out ourselves right now.

SoftWareRevue

iNET Interactive
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaat????? How is that even possible? They can't get your email address from here! Was this a direct email, or a notification of a message you received privately here in the forum? I'd love to get an admin's take on this. Are the site owners involved in this somehow?
Any member that has opted to receive the "Mac-Forums Brief" would receive this email.

If you've mistakenly signed up, you can unsubscribe via your usercp > Settings & Options > Email Subscription Center. Of course, you can sign up for it there too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I also received this offer via email allegedly for being a Mac Forums regular.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Any member that has opted to receive the "Mac-Forums Brief" would receive this email.

If you've mistakenly signed up, you can unsubscribe via your usercp > Settings & Options > Email Subscription Center. Of course, you can sign up for it there too.

I don't know what the "Brief" is exactly, but if it's for peddling software of dubious value, I'm glad I'm not subscribed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I don't know what the "Brief" is exactly, but if it's for peddling software of dubious value, I'm glad I'm not subscribed.

Im with you LIAB, as i would hate to see this is my mailbox, but it still a shame that new members get this and then the dubious Apps with flashing lights, and signing into a reputable forum as this one, they think is OK to use. I know about the advertising and what not, but i wish iiNet could vet what they wanted out and be done with it.

I feel for the members that get theses emails . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im with you LIAB, as i would hate to see this is my mailbox, but it still a shame that new members get this and then the dubious Apps with flashing lights, and signing into a reputable forum as this one, they think is OK to use. I know about the advertising and what not, but i wish iiNet could vet what they wanted out and be done with it.

I feel for the members that get theses emails . .

If this is a new thing going forward, I think I will have no choice but to discontinue participating here. I know they have to pay the bills, but partnering with developers that the core of their own community frowns on is not something that I will continue to be a part of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.