car charger iphone 5c

Reaction score
bought a new iphone 5C toady, comes with the wall charger but alos want to be able to charge it in my truck, i have a charger i bought off amazon for my macbook pro and it has a usb port, its a spal 85w car adapter and had great reviews. ofcourse the people at at&t said i could fry my phone with anything other than a apple charger. true / false ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not true. You can use the car charger for your iPhone without causing any damage to it. The car charger built for your MacBook Pro is designed to carry a heavier load of current that is required by the larger battery. Your new iPhone will draw a much lighter load from the charger but will charge OK. The USB output voltage is the same, so no worry there either.

OP
H
Reaction score
thats what i figured but wanted to make sure just in case people had been having problems with aftermarket car chargers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.