Peripherals Connect On Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13' Retina Late 2013, 8Gb RAM, 256GB SSD // Iphone 6 // Mac Pro 3.1
Hello

I have a macbook pro 13 and e buy a external monitor for working. I need to know if it's possible. Exist one keyboard and mouse without official apple that connect directly on my mac without that usb pen bluetooth ?

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The 13" Macbook Pro can support an external monitor up to resolutions of 2560x1600. Tell us what year your MBP is from and we can tell you what connectors to look for.

A lot of wireless keyboards/mouse have some sort of USB dongle that they use, there are a few that are just Bluetooth and connect like the Apple versions, any particular reason you don't want an Apple keyboard and mouse?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13' Retina Late 2013, 8Gb RAM, 256GB SSD // Iphone 6 // Mac Pro 3.1
The first reason and the only is the price. And because my macbook have 2 usb port, if i use one for keyboard and other for mouse i stay without usb ports. Then i think, if apple get the keyboard and mouse connect to my mac without this stupid usb receiver why does another mark do it ?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I think you'll find that other good keyboards are about the same price as the Apple products or maybe a little bit cheaper, they are usually not dramatically cheaper.

Now as to why all of them just don't stick with Bluetooth, I'm not sure. Matias makes a series of Mac keyboards that are Bluetooth based, and they sell for twice Apple's price..

So with your limited USB ports you might want to grab a 4 or 8-port USB hub to connect to one of your USB ports and you can use the other as your dedicated dongle port..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.