PCI card install

D

DJYoshaBYD

I have a power mac g3... I am new to this mac stuff, so bear with me..... I have no usb ports in my g3.. can I take a usb PCI card out of one of my windows based PCs and install it in the mac with different drivers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I don't know if it would work or not, but it won't cause any harm to try it. If it doesn't work I would suggest buying THIS

OP
D

DJYoshaBYD

it looks just like the one I got... what is the difference... PCI is PCI, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
DJYoshaBYD said:
it looks just like the one I got... what is the difference... PCI is PCI, right?
Right, PCI is PCI and I just asked someone and they confirmed that it will work. But you're going to want to make sure that its a USB 2.0 card or all it will be good for is an Apple keyboard and mouse.

OP
D

DJYoshaBYD

I am not going to use it for that.. I am just going to use the card for USB game controller and a jump drive.... nothing really advanced.. unless I get a breakout box for my audio to complament my studio....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.