How to manage TV shows on iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
The other day, I took a look at the TV shows inside the Videos app on my iPad. The only TV shows I've watched have been on my iMac, so this was a first time. What I saw was a listing of 11 shows, including the one and only tv series I purchased through iTunes. However, I never synced any TV shows with my iPad. I clicked on the purchased series and I see both season 1 & 2 with a little cloud & down arrow next to each title. I clicked on one and it seemed to begin to play, but it only played for a second or 2 before it stopped. I did this repeated;y, but it played only a second or 2 as well. I then synced iPad and downloaded 2 of the purchased tv shows. Now the ipad shows these 2 shows w/o andy clouds. So my first question: are all purchased tv shows/movies available via my iCloud? If so, why would it not play?
Question 2: there are a bunch of other tv shows in my video app that must be suggestions from iTunes, but I am not interested in any of them. Editing does not bring up an X in black circle. How do I get rid of them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
are all purchased tv shows/movies available via my iCloud? If so, why would it not play?
Yes. But they need to download first, which is why they won't play at first.

there are a bunch of other tv shows in my video app that must be suggestions from iTunes, but I am not interested in any of them. Editing does not bring up an X in black circle. How do I get rid of them?
Not suggestions no. Can you post a screenshot?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
screen shot

screen shot

IMG_0265.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
All those are in the cloud (except homeland) they aren't 'on' your device.

If you don't want them to display you can go to Settings - iTunes & App Store and turn videos off under 'Show All'

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks mrplow Just the solution I was looking for

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.