Mac and Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes
I got my mac in April and hand,t given much thought to my phone. I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy not 3 and cant find it on the mac as an external drive even though the phone says it's connected as a media device.
any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5Ghz Core i5; 10GB 1600Mhz;500GBSSD;Intel 4000; OSX 10.8.5
There's a program called DoubleTwist I used to use to sync my Android and PSP to my Mac. I currently just use bluetooth to transfer songs and files back and forth but it does take forever.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks for the replies
I downloaded android filetransfer and all that does is keep asking for me to eithe reconnect the phone or restart the phone, so no further forward

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
You could use Android File Transfer.
I works well for me.
Android.com

To late posting missed the post above

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Do you have Samsung Kies installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Uninstall Kies and Android File Transfer should work,
I believe the Kies dmg file has an uninstaller. I only ever used Kies for software updates and uninstalled it straight after.

OP
S
Reaction score
uninstalled kies and reinstalled file transfer and it still wont work

OP
S
Reaction score
Re installed kies then used the dmg file to uninstall it and now I have file transfer working.
Cheers people

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad you got it working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA mid-2013 (10.12.4), iPad 5th gen (10.3.1)
Can I ask what was wrong with KIES?
I have a Galaxy Note 2 here and the easiest way I could find was to have KIES installed and just connect the phone. Then everything is easy, from syncing to file transfer.

But I am looking into improving that as well. Because file transfer seems so slow and it's like it stops sometimes and then resumes. This is likely to corrupt big files like a new ROM (1.2 gb usually). There is a new leaked fimware for my phone and it seems I am the only one who has problems with it. I thought that might be because of KIES and its dodgy file transfer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lots of people, myself included have had problems getting Kies to connect to their phone.
Not sure about file transfer speeds as I only ever used it for firmware updates.

Reaction score
You should give Airdroid a try. It's pretty seamless, you just drag and drop your files. They upload to your phone wirelessly, and very quickly. AirDroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.