System Roots CA files

Reaction score
Hello all. First post here and hopefully I can find some help. I was having issues with my Macbook Pro Retina not connecting to my preferred networks. Following some instructions I found on the net, I deleted the contents of "/System/Library/Keychains" directory. This directory appears to contain all of the root certificate authority information. So now, my Mac is having troubles connecting to lots of location that employ a security certificate. Oddly enough, I Can get to sites via Safari but not from Chrome. Enough of what it happening....

I am wondering if there is anyone who can a) extract the root certificate information form their Keychain and email them to me, or b) zip up your Keychains directory and email it so that I can extract the information to install back on to my Mac.

I am running 10.8.5.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Mark

OP
B
Reaction score
Thankfully, I was able to find a Time Machine backup of the files and everything is back to what it was earlier today. Now if I can just get my wireless networks added into the Keychains, I'd be happy!

C

chas_m

Have you tried this:

In System Preferences -> Networks -> Advanced -> Wi-Fi, you should be able to see a list of every Wi-Fi network that machine has joined.

Delete the ones it is unlike to join again anytime soon, and drag your preferred networks up to the top of the list. See if that helps.

OP
B
Reaction score
That's the first thing I tried and it didn't help.

When coming out of sleep, I am constantly asked to enter the Wi-Fi password on my known network. It appears in the "Preferred" list. I've deleted it out of preferred and rejoined. I've deleted it and manually added it in. I've changed the router's channel number. I've changed the broadcast SSID. Nothing helps. The network does NOT appear in Keychains. I've tried the repair Keychains inside the Keychains app and it finds no problems. I've repaired file permission from the Disk Utility. No help.

Once connected, it stays connected. But as soon as it goes to sleep or I power up, it will wait almost a minute trying to connect and then tells me "preferred networks not available" and then I have to manually select my network and re-enter the Wi-Fi password. Seveal iPads and iPhones in the house have no issues connecting automatically. Just the Macbook Pro Retina...

Very frustrating!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.