• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Haute Cuisine

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Ever wonder how Shrimp&Grits with Cream Cheese Icing would taste?

Me neither . . . but I almost found out tonight. ;P

We save bacon drippings for cooking and keep it in little containers in the fridge. Grabbed one out and started to spoon a dollop into the pan and stopped.
The texture seemed a bit odd. I sniffed, then tasted, and discovered my wife had saved some cream cheese icing from my birthday.

The Shrimp&Grits were awesome, but now I'll never know if they would have been better with icing. :D

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We save bacon drippings for cooking and keep it in little containers in the fridge.

Ahh...now I know! You like it...but it doesn't like you (if you know what I mean)!;)

- Nick

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Everything's better with Bacon . . . ;)

EDIT: FWIW we don't do all of our cooking with bacon grease, but we do save the grease for flavoring when we have bacon. 90% of our cooking is with light Olive Oil.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Everything's better with Bacon . . . ;)

YES!;)

EDIT: FWIW we don't do all of our cooking with bacon grease, but we do save the grease for flavoring when we have bacon.

Yes...I was going to say that as well...to get bacon grease...you have to be eating some bacon first (usually)!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I wonder where the sample collector kept Ryan Braun's, um, fluid container over the weekend? Now that case of mistaken identity would be a real shocker!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.