Sim Card in foreign Countries

Reaction score
Hello guys
I am from Denmark and I have an iPhone that i have bought in Denmark a couple of years ago.
At the moment I am in SouthAfrica where I am staying for 2 months. I have bought a prepaid simcard (Vodafone) and inserted into my phone. When i put it into my phone it comes up with a box saying sim mistake or something like that and all i can do is press ok. when i look in top left corner it says invalid sim card.
is there any way i can get an south african sim card to work on my danish phone or is it locked to danish tele companies ?

C

chas_m

It is probably locked to the Danish carrier, but you could contact them and ask about unlocking, particularly if you bought it outright or are finished with/near the end of your contract.

Since you are only in South Africa for two months, you may also want to look at getting a cheap basic phone that will work there.

Many carriers (varies by country) will unlock an iPhone for a small fee after you are a customer in good stead for 90 days or so. Once unlocked, your prepaid Vodafone SIM would probably work fine.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply my phone is now unlocked , i called my carrier :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.