itunes program on external drive

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to download iTunes to an external drive? I record all of my music in wav format for the sonics so I fill my MacBook Air, iPods & iPhone up quickly. Because of that, I move my music around to free up space. The problem is that it's not formatted in iTunes so when I move it over to my Passport For Mac is doesn't save the artist names, album titles or song sequences. I have to enter them every time I move music back onto my laptop or iPhone. It's time consuming & a pain.
So...I'd like to just copy my iTunes program & library to the Passport but the Mac will not allow me to do it.
Can anyone help?
THANK U!!

OP
F
Reaction score
Thx, Chas. Is there a way to copy iTunes on the external drive w/o losing it on my MacBook Air? I've moved a ton of music & vid to the x-drive but since I don't have iTunes on that drive it doesn't save the music in the proper format. I have to search for each track that I knew was an a particular album then re-input the info.

Thx again. Lemme know if u have any suggestions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.