Safari unexpectedly quits after latest lion security update

Reaction score
Just hoping someone might have a fix for my problem. I just updated my mid 2010 macbook pro15 with lions latest security update 2013-004. Ever since then every time I try to open Safari I get the " safari has unexpectedly quit/ reopen/ ignore etc. banner. I tried a reinstall but the issue persists. I'm trying to avoid an erase and install if possible. Btw if I use a guest account I get a message saying my computer will restart with a Safari only account which works fine also my other apps like the Mac App Store still works as well. I would love some feedback. Maybe someone knows where I can download a semi current version of safari, since apple support only has legacy versions available.

Thanks for reading
Sincerely,
G

OP
I
Reaction score
Problem Solved!!!

I just wanted to share with you all that I managed find a beautifully simple solution to the issue in question!! What I did was this Suggested fix:
1) delete the /System/Library/StagedFrameworks folder.
2) check System Update for any Safari updates/installs.

Just to be safe i copied the folder to my Desktop then deleted, either way it worked!
Many thanks to Charles Gousha for finding the answer. This is a copy of the link i found it at:

Yahoo! Groups

I hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

Enjoy,
inf0junkE

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm sure someone else who is struggling with the same problem will be happy to read your post! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.