Pages doc on my mbp available on my iPhone??

Reaction score
With iCloud on my/via my MBP I now see Pages Beta. But, in Pages on my MBP there is no iCloud send/save_to it I can see which means to me that the great novel I'm work on at home is not available on my iPhone at the coffee shop..

Is this a correct assumption OR, can my Pages Doc be accessed on my phone via wifi at the coffee shop with iCloud some way?

My, how redundant a question, sorry.

but thats it if anyone can make sense of it and answer it..

jojoguitar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
I'm curious about this, as well. I don't have Pages on my iPhone, but I have a text file (TextEdit) saved in the iCloud that I'd like to have access to with my iPhone. I can see that it's there in iCloud management on my phone, but it doesn't show up in GoodReader (text & PDF viewer), even though I have iCloud enabled in that app.

C

chas_m

With iCloud on my/via my MBP I now see Pages Beta. But, in Pages on my MBP there is no iCloud send/save_to it I can see

Either you've missed it, or you have an old version of Pages on your MBP.

The iCloud saving from the Mac version of iCloud looks like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

From the "iCloud.com" version (aka web app), your file is automatically saved to iCloud

Is this a correct assumption OR, can my Pages Doc be accessed on my phone via wifi at the coffee shop with iCloud some way?

Once you have saved the file to iCloud, it will be available to Pages for iOS as just another document. Of course, you will need to purchase Pages for iOS from the App Store if you don't already have it.

OP
J
Reaction score
no iCloud like you show in save as

:|
Hello chas_m
I don't have the option you show in the graphic where you select iCloud as a saving place.
I have looked in Prefs in Pages on the MBP, no iCloud there select, and I am logged into iCloud.

I am on Pages 9 4.3
MBP OS 10.8.5

For this reason I have not purchased Pages for my iPhone (5, iOS 6)yet.

To recap, I don't show the cloud as a place to save my Pages file from with in Pages.

Thanks in advance, I await your instructions

jojoguitar

M

MacInWin

I have the same version of Pages and it clearly shows Cloud as an option. I created a new document, clicked on File/Save, and under the Save As: box is a bar where it shows where it is going to save, with up/down controls. Clicking on that box opens a menu, one option of which is Cloud. If it's not there on your Pages, reinstall Pages. As I said, same version, same OSX and it's there.

OP
J
Reaction score
no iCloud like you show in save as

See screen shot i have taken of my options at SAVE AS but there is no iCloud there in WHERE

you mention reinstalling Pages, hmmmm, I have the Application Disk that came with the MBP in 2011, and the PAGES is up to date.

Don't know what/how that would make a difference.

I am not confident with deleting/ reinstalling Pages from that disk.

More input would be welcome, but at this point in time I will wait.

thanx

jojoguitar

Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 8.23.20 AM.png

M

MacInWin

Did you try what I suggested? Did you follow the steps as I gave them? I didn't say "Save As" I said open a new document and save it to see the options. If the document is already created and on your hard drive, it won't show an option for Cloud because you've already chosen where to save it. To move an existing document from the drive to the cloud, use File/MoveTo and open the menu. iCloud is the first option.

As for reinstalling Pages, if you aren't willing to do that and still don't see the iCloud option, then you'll have to live without the iCloud option. Your choice.

OP
J
Reaction score
Pages: File NEW: BLANK (not from template chooser)
SAVE: Window SAVE AS: Untitled.pages
Second window/box is below and is as I showed in the graphic above (assumed you did see that in last rely?)

If and when I have the moments to reinstall I will. Until them please know that I appreciate your efforts in helping with this.

I will keep this thread open as there may be another reply, but YOURS as a senior is very spot on and I must assume that the reinstall may fix this.

My options are change it, or accept it the way it is for the time being..

have a great day friend..

jojoguitar

M

MacInWin

I don't understand what's going on with your system. I'm not even logged into iCloud and I get this when I save a new document:

Screen%20Shot%202013-09-26%20at%2010.34.36%20AM.jpg

Just out of curiosity, is Documents & Data checked in your iCloud preferences in System Preferences?

OP
J
Reaction score
AH HA! iCloud Prefs

No did NOT have docs and data selected in iCloud prefs on my MBP!

I do now, and now I can save my file to the cloud.

Through out this communication you have been very helpful.

I will venture to go forth, save the file to iCloud

just did that.... went to iCloud va Safari....Pages Beta and there the test file was.

Now I assume if I purchase Pages for my iPhone 5 iOS6 I will be able to access it there and continue to work on it.

:)

You have outdone yourself with the afterthought and the dedication to follow through.

Thankful in Minnesota

jojoguitar

C

chas_m

Well done, MacInWin! As I was reading the thread post my own comment, I realised what the problem was ... but you beat me to posting it! :)

I'd give you rep but you're the last person I gave rep to so I can't again ... accept a virtual high-five instead.

M

MacInWin

Thanks, chas_m. It was one of those "Ah, ha!" moments. They do come, infrequently.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.