No Posting w/iOS Devices?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
This must be covered somewhere, unless I'm mistaken. Couldn't seem to find it, tho.

Why can't I post to the forum with my iPhone? Or am I just not seeing how to do it? All I see at the bottom of a thread (where there would normally be a reply button) is a "download" icon that takes me to a tutorial on how to add a forum icon to my home screen.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to choose the mobile skin in order to post and reply. It's called "iPhone Style". Select that instead of the normal forum skin and you'll be able to navigate more easily.

(Look down at the bottom right of your screen from the forum Home screen to select.)

OP
MacShane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got it, thanks.

I knew I must be doing something wrong cuz I couldn't find any posts of anybody else complaining about it...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Unfortunately, our parent company enforces a specific skin for iPhone/iPod Touch models that is read-only. There is an earlier skin which is a little more forgiving, and that's the one chscag has advised you to use.

We do not enforce the mobile skin for the iPad.

I would love to talk a bit about my frustration with this behavior, but unfortunately, it's out of my hands.

OP
MacShane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I notice that I am unable to post with my iPhone, even with the mobile style chosen. Bummer.
I am on a biker forum, which allows posts from mobile devices, but some features are lost...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We've had many discussions regarding TapaTalk. For now it has been decided that it won't be used. There are several reasons why - mostly to do with their business model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.