Intel macs and gaming

Reaction score
Hi there

I had a few games for my old G5 Imac and since moving to the Intel machine was really sad to see that they either didn't work (Myst 4) or wont run very smoothly ( Command and Conquer and Rollercoaster Tycoon 3)

Anyhow I have had some mixed dealings with both Ubisoft and Aspyr.

Anyhow Ubisoft have stated to me that they will not be releasing universal binaries for its past releases, this was a bummer as I never got to play myst 4 on my old G5. However I was lucky to find a great way of running a command on Terminal which has helped me run it lightening fast with no problems. ( email me if you need this ).

However Aspyr really came up smelling of roses. They have informed me that they are working on providing Universal Binaries on all of its released games and that the two I owned will be part of a group of 25 that will be released patched up. They will be releasing them on their website for free and will be hoping to have got this all done by the end of the year. I personally dont mind waiting and its great that Aspyr are more focused on their customer based than Ubisoft.

I'd love to hear about other intel mac owners and their gaming experiences and work arounds. We could then start making a diffinitive apps list of what works etc....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.