iPhone couldn't restore

Reaction score
I have iPhone 4, on which i tried to upgrade to ios7.
ios7 got successfully upgraded, but the funny part is i forgot my password. It's just change in the new keypad design isn't allowing me to recall my password which i had been using for nearly 2years.

Now, am trying to "Restore iPhone" using iTunes. But error message says
""Find my iPhone must be turned off before your_iPhone can be restored""
If i couldn't able to login into my iPhone, how am i supposed to 'turn-off - find my iPhone'...??

Alternately, i tried to login www.icloud.com and deleted my phone from the "find my iPhone"....but still iTunes is showing the same error message

please help

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have iPhone 4, on which i tried to upgrade to ios7.
ios7 got successfully upgraded, but the funny part is i forgot my password. It's just change in the new keypad design isn't allowing me to recall my password which i had been using for nearly 2years.

Now, am trying to "Restore iPhone" using iTunes. But error message says
""Find my iPhone must be turned off before your_iPhone can be restored""
If i couldn't able to login into my iPhone, how am i supposed to 'turn-off - find my iPhone'...??

Alternately, i tried to login www.icloud.com and deleted my phone from the "find my iPhone"....but still iTunes is showing the same error message

please help

So I can assume you know your password but because of the keyboard design change you cant type it in, is that correct?
I notice the keyboard in iOS 7 now displays characters as uppercase (capital letters) even when they are lower case, is this the problem? If so I'm sure you can work it out just look at the dialogue box as you type. If not then you will need to reset your password the instructions for this are here; Apple ID: Changing your password
Cheers'

OP
A
Reaction score
Rod, i had forgotten the password...
nothing wrong with the keypad, its just that my sub-conscious mind was typing password for the last 1 year, without remembering the actual passcode numbers. Like say conditioning the mind.

now the sudden change in the design of the keypad made me stumble over the passcode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.