• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

An Open Letter of Appreciation to Mac-Forum's Leaders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Dear Mac-Forum's Leaders,

It's been a long time since I've been truly active on the forum, but I just wanted to say that I was very impressed with the manner cwa107 handled the recent dispute on the Buy/Sell forum. People like him, Schweb, D3v1L80Y, MacHeadCase and dtravis7 (among others, pardon if I forgot to name you specifically) were the reasons I chose this forum back in 2007 when I first switched to Mac.

It has always seemed like the staff on this forum are really out to provide the best experience for forum members, and I'm glad to have been part of the community in the earlier years. I've been busy with college, a career, and life in general but I always find my way back here just to provide a random tidbit of my knowledge to new switchers if I can.

So thank you staff, moderators, and admins at Mac-Forums. Without you this forum would be a place without rules or oversight that makes it the friendly/helpful place it is to be.

Best,

Miles S. Thomas

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Wow, thanks Miles. That's a great compliment. Thanks for taking the time out, it means a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Not to jump on the bandwagon or anything but as someone who has also been a member of, and very infrequent poster on, these forums for quite some time now, I'd like to add that in general this is the frendliest and most helpful forum I frequent.

That is all.

M

MacInWin

I've been an admin of and a mod on several sites and this one is the friendliest, most helpful website of its kind I have seen. Well done to the proprietors and staff!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i5 iMac with 8GB RAM 1TB HDD and 32GB iPad 3 WiFi
I have to agree with you milessthomas. I have not been a member for long however, I see this forum as one of the most informational forums I have seen. I come here often several times a day to read and learn things. I also have to say, coming from me that is a huge comment. I have been on many forums and even had some of my own. I really like the way this forum is run and how mods and admins are on top of it.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Glad to see support for staff from other members new and old!

I wish I had the time to be as active as was back then. Not sure if people still get on from time to time, but we definitely had some great conversations on the IRC channel. It's interesting to lurk behind the scenes when I get a chance and see who is still around posting. Hopefully, now that work tends to finally stay at work I will have some time to provide some assistance.

Whatever happened to the FAQ we attempted? I seem to remember detailing some screenshot emblazoned posts that Jules and I created for setting up VPNs and Networking protocols. Obviously would need to be updated now, but I still think the FAQ idea was a valuable one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.