Can't Delete ONE Lousy Song

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
There is one song on in my music folder on my iPhone 4s, running iOS 7, that I just can't seem to delete. Of the 1658 songs on my phone, it seems I can delete any other song simply by doing the side swipe, except for this one. I've tried everything. But for some weird reason iOS just won't allow me to delete it and it's driving me nuts. I don't even know how it got there. Check it out:

Do I look like a Adam Lambert fan???
To be fair, he's an incredible singer, but I can't stand his music. If he actually cut an album with Queen, I might be interested.

Is there a way to delete the music library in my phone and then then resync to restore only the songs I want, since the song isn't on my computer? That's another thing that confuses me: the song isn't on my computer, but doesn't get deleted on sync. I certainly didn't buy the song directly from iTunes with my phone. I've NEVER done that. I've thought about resetting and doing an entire restore, but that won't work either, since the song will be in the iPhone backup. Any ideas?

OP
MacShane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks!
I'll read thru and see if anything there helps. If not, I'll come back here and give an update.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
OK, there have been a few questions related to this thread and I had a similar problem when I initially installed iOS7. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and turn off "Show All" for Music and Videos. If you are using iTunes Match turn that off as well. Now log out of the iTunes & App Store by clicking on your Apple ID at the top and selecting "Sign Out." Wait a few minutes then log back in, this should re sync your account. Now the pesky song should be gone and you can turn Show All for music and Videos back on if you wish but personally I leave them off and iTunes Match can be turned on if you use it.
Cheers,

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That was suggested in the URL I just provided and should do it.

OP
MacShane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, there have been a few questions related to this thread and I had a similar problem when I initially installed iOS7. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and turn off "Show All" for Music and Videos. If you are using iTunes Match turn that off as well. Now log out of the iTunes & App Store by clicking on your Apple ID at the top and selecting "Sign Out." Wait a few minutes then log back in, this should re sync your account. Now the pesky song should be gone and you can turn Show All for music and Videos back on if you wish but personally I leave them off and iTunes Match can be turned on if you use it.
Cheers,

Sweet! That did it!

Thanks guys for coming thru on that!

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Very good. Glad it worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.