App Store Updates...or Not

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
My apologies if this has been covered in another discussion already.

I've talked to a couple other iPhone & iPad users and they all have the same oddity I'm having. The App Store icon will show that I have updates available yet when I go to check what apps need to be updated, there's nothing there. It shows that all apps are up to date.

This happens on my iPad running iOS7 and also on my iPhone running iOS6. Is this an issue on Apple's end or perhaps only something odd for those of us in Canada?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Bundy

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
It's not unique to Canada. I've experienced it here though it seems to be confined to my first ten iPad running IOS 5.whatever. Perhaps it is certain apps that are the issue. I have far mare apps on the iPad then on my iPhone. Maybe the apps which are having trouble are not on my phone which explains why I am not seeing this under IOS 6 or 7.

OP
Bundy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.
Thanks for the reply.

At first I wondered if it was showing updates available on my iPhone but because it isn't running iOS7 maybe the updates weren't compatible. But the same thing is happening on my iPad running iOS7. Also, tonight it said I had no updates available yet I was able to download several updates using iTunes and update them by being connected to my iMac.

Something fishy is going on and I suspect it's on Apple's end. I don't think iOS 7.0.1 can come soon enough to fix the issues that I can't believe weren't fixed during the Beta testing. Oh well, that's technology for you. I just hope my new iPhone 5S works fine when I get it soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
I am having the same issue on my ios devices. It has to be a glitch on Apples end. And I do think it has something to do with ios 7 which I have not installed yet.
I hope they fix it soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I am getting that as well - in UK.

My iPad Mini keeps saying there are 6 or 7 updates available , but when I open up the AppStore App it says all Apps are up to date.

I am guessing it is detecting Apps that need updating for iOS7, but then refusing those as the iPad is on iOS6.

From what I have seen of a few Apps already changed to the new layout I am in no hurry to convert my iPad into a child's 'My First Tablet'. The new flat icons look dull and childish and the thin font is hard to read for an old man like me :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
<snip> the thin font is hard to read for an old man like me :Smirk:

For Info:
Settings - General - Accessibility

Options for Larger Dynamic Type, Bold Text, Increased Contrast and Reduced Motion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
For Info:
Settings - General - Accessibility

Options for Larger Dynamic Type, Bold Text, Increased Contrast and Reduced Motion.

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been covered in another discussion already.

I've talked to a couple other iPhone & iPad users and they all have the same oddity I'm having. The App Store icon will show that I have updates available yet when I go to check what apps need to be updated, there's nothing there. It shows that all apps are up to date.

This happens on my iPad running iOS7 and also on my iPhone running iOS6. Is this an issue on Apple's end or perhaps only something odd for those of us in Canada?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Bundy

This happened to me as well after updating to iOS 7. after 3 days and hard reboot it went okay again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I've had general App Store issues. Search seems patchy and links from websites often open the App Store but to an unending blank page.

I'm sure it'll settle down in time. No showstoppers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.