search functions

Reaction score
My notebook mac Os x 10.7.5 was off for a while: very slow and unreliable. This sorted itself out magically and probably with the help of Onyx which I ran a few times.

One problem has gotten worse though: spotlight doesn't work anymore. (it seems to be seaching but nothing comes up.) Nor does the search function in documents or any other assembly of files work. Also "All my files" remains empty.

No idea what to do about it.
Anyone?

Flip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Onyx also lets you reset the spotlight database, if it is causing problems

It will take a while to re-index but it is another function that makes Onyx a must have maintenance app

OP
D
Reaction score
Tried that. Onyx said it restored Spotlight and other searchfunctions, but no results

OP
D
Reaction score
RE: search functions including Spotlight

Below I asked the other day.
Then got the advice to let Onyx rebuild Spotlight.
Did that.
Didn't work.
I'm beginning to worry seriously now.

Flip

My notebook mac Os x 10.7.5 was off for a while: very slow and unreliable. This sorted itself out magically and probably with the help of Onyx which I ran a few times.

One problem has gotten worse though: spotlight doesn't work anymore. (it seems to be seaching but nothing comes up.) Nor does the search function in documents or any other assembly of files work. Also "All my files" remains empty.

No idea what to do about it.
Anyone?

Flip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.