ios7 battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz Quad i7, 24GB RAM, GTX 780m, 10.8.5, iPhone6
anyone else noticed that the ios7 battery life is awful compared to the GM release? i know the builds are meant to be identical but im having to charge my phone everyday now rather my battery lasting the 2/3 days it would normally and im probably using my phone even less lately

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
Mine looks about normal power consumption so far. Have you checked your notification settings and the like? I find that this can have a big effect and the settings don't always remain the same between release numbers.

ETA: I mean my 5S has about the same battery life as my 5 did, for clarity

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No difference here either and I generally am on the air using cellular which does eat the battery faster.

C

chas_m

A 5s (you lucky dog) has a slightly larger battery than the 5, presumably to compensate for the slightly-increased battery usage.

On an iPhone 4, I'm seeing a little bit more battery use -- even after I've turned off "background app updating" and things like that. I have to assume it's due to the vast amounts more white (which I assume uses more power than black) in iOS 7.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
anyone else noticed that the ios7 battery life is awful compared to the GM release? i know the builds are meant to be identical but im having to charge my phone everyday now rather my battery lasting the 2/3 days it would normally and im probably using my phone even less lately

Try this, it worked for me:
A Developers fix for battery life on iOS 7

Updated: July 29th, 2013

I know a lot of you are complaining about battery life, so I've decided to make this thread and point out how you can get your battery life back to what it was, if not even better then when you were running iOS 6. I'll keep updating this as a filter through log files.

It's not an easy process, and it took a little bit of reading through log files and testing to figure this out. Please follow this advice carefully.

This will fix 99.9% of your battery problems. I've fully tested this myself with several devices (including older generations)

Instructions: (Each instruction has an explanation below, the numbers do not signify any form of order)
• 1) Install each beta as NEW.
• 2) Sign out of all signed in services (see below for list), then sign back in.
• 3) Location services (if turned on): Disable Popular, Frequent Locations, Location iAds, WiFi Networking.
• 4) Turn off Bluetooth unless needed.
• 5) Do not use the new "live" wallpapers.
• 6) Turn off "Background App Refresh"

User friendly explanations:

1) Avoid OTA updating the betas.. but if you must, reset all media/content via General -> Reset. The way iOS 7 handles OTA updates may cause some compatibility issues if you've already installed apps, services, etc. Fresh install without OTA/backup is the fix at the moment.

2) This will clear any IdentityServices issues. Currently iOS 7 has a bug with authentication/identity services which clears after logging in and out, then back in. You may sign in again once ALL services are signed out.

3) This will clear out LocationServices bugs on first use. Right now iOS 7's geofencing and other location services (including the new ones) are not working right and WILL drain your battery. This fixes that issue while still giving you nearly full location services access.

4) Since iOS 6 Bluetooth is automatically enabled (with no icon) and you must manually turn it off.

5) Yes, the new wallpapers are battery hogs. Right now, they cause severe drain and logging issues (As seen under diagnostics) so for now, stick with a standard wallpaper. By the time iOS 7 is out, I'm sure this will be fixed.

6) Currently not working as intended, instead leaving apps completely running as code is not optimized. Turn this off and you will notice a huge improvement (and wont affect multitasking!).

Sign out services list: (Once you've signed out, you can sign back in!)

iCloud
iTunes/App Store
iMessage
FaceTime
Homesharing
Facebook
Twitter
Vimeo
Flickr
Rdio(Canadian)/Spotify(USA)
Dropbox
Find Friends
Find iPhone

Enjoy your awesome battery life!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.