• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Editing WITH AN IMAC G4 800MHz

T

ThisIsMe

Hi i just bought an used imac g4 with 800mhz and 768mb of ram, i would like to know (if anyone can help me) if this mac can run properly Final Cut HD without problems, usually i edit tv commercials of 20secs/ 1 min. And using filters and transitions. I bought a good mac? i will ned to upgrade it? please help. (hey... it was cheap... $1000 from a friend, NEW!! :black: )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
It can handle it, rendering would be pretty slow, though. 30 seconds wouldn't be that bad.

Try it out and if it works, then use it. :mac: That's all there is to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Yeah... Not to pile on the bad news... But I think you did overpay on that one...

An the bright side! Yes you should be able to edit video just fine. My only recommendation would be to bump up the memory to at least one gig or more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.