mac stoped charging from mag safe and now wont turn on

Reaction score
hey a week or so ago my mac stopped charging from the wire but it still ran, now it wont turn on at all, no response, no fan, no light, no nothing! its like 4 months old

please help my nearest mac store is miles away

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
It won't turn on because the battery has died. You need to find a way to charge the battery. If there is an issue with the charger or magsafe board in the computer, then you'll need to take it to the Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
is there another way to charge it? or will it work without the battery?

The issue is where is the problem? Is it internal (something inside the computer) or external (such as a bad charger).

The only way to know if it is the charger is to use a 2nd known good one (which I'm assuming you don't have)...but maybe you have a friend, relative, or coworker that you could quickly test your computer with their charger.

If you do not have access to a 2nd charger...then you either have to purchase a 2nd charger (which may not be a good idea)...since if the problem is internal...then you would be wasting time & money purchasing a new charger.

This leaves you with the final option...visit your local Apple Store. Your computer is only 4 months old...so you should have no problems getting things sorted out.

Yes I know that you mentioned that your Apple Store is miles away...but guess what? Some folks live in states (United States) or countries that don't even have an Apple Store. So "miles away" really isn't that bad!;)

Good luck,:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you buy Apple Care for your Mac? Apple Care extends your telephone support along with the warranty to 3 years. Without Apple Care you may have to pay if you call Apple support by phone. (Free phone support is only for 90 days.) The reason I ask is that you don't have to take your machine to an Apple Store. You can arrange to have Apple pick it up, repair it, and then send it back to you. Or there may be an authorized Apple repair service local to you that you can take the machine to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.