Pages gone

Reaction score
Pages has disappeared from my iWorks app. I went to reinstall it from 'purchases' in the App store but only five apps are listed there. iWorks and many other apps I've purchased are not listed. Any advice?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Mac App store does not sell iWork, any version. They do sell Pages, Keynote, and Numbers separately for $19.99 each. Did you buy Pages from the Mac App store or did you buy iWork from Apple which includes Pages? If you bought iWork from Apple, that purchase or Pages will not be listed as an item purchased from the Mac App store. Only those Apps purchased directly from the Mac App store will be listed.

OP
O
Reaction score
I have been using Pages for so long I can't remember where I purchased it. At one time the iWorks folder had all three apps within it and now it only lists Keynote and Numbers. A beta version of Pages showed up in the iCloud but it doesn't have all the functions I need. I'm probably going to have to purchase it once again but I am dissapointed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, it sounds like you purchased iWork some time ago. Unfortunately, Apple will not show that as purchased from the App store. Unless you have a backup, you'll have to purchase Pages again. Do you still have your original iWork disk? If you do, just reinstall it from disk.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If for some reason you cannot find your original iWork '09 disk. You can still get them via e-Bay for as little as $9.99...but more commonly available for $19.99 (e-Bay U.S. that is).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.