Mac Batch Program info

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
My wife and her her dear friend just came back from a 12 day vacation to Germany. My wife had her 12 megapixel camera (point and shoot) and her friend had a fairly new 20 megapixel camera, also a point and shoot.

The size of the 20 megapixel photos are quite large. I'm seeking a "batch" type of program to reduce the size of her photos - 182 of them - to something around 12 megapixels. This to make it easier to work with.

Does anyone have any recommendations? In advance, as always ..... thanks.

C

chas_m

More like 30 percent, and seriously needs to come to the 20th century interface-wise, and has been largely superceded by stuff like Pixelmator ($15) -- but for batch conversion jobs it is excellent, no question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I've used GraphicConverter for more than a decade, and it'll do stuff like this with ease...

look it up Lemke Software - Mac Fotobearbeitung, Mac Diashow, Mac Grafikprogramm, Mac Bildbetrachter: Start

I'm convinced it's one of the most overlooked graphics converter apps there is (and it does about 80% of what photoshop can do, but for free!).....

As chas pointed out, it's overlooked because it's not as capable as you think it is, and it has one antiquated UI. And free? Errr... no it's not.

I wonder if you meant GIMP?
GIMP - Downloads

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.