• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Bored

Reaction score
i was

Amazing, come back of all time!!!
mac expo 97

High Tech
hi tech

All i know is i love my Mac but these mac fanatics are a strange bunch of people? i guess they think they are on a crusade or something.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
macanal said:
i was

Amazing, come back of all time!!!
mac expo 97

High Tech
hi tech

All i know is i love my Mac but these mac fanatics are a strange bunch of people? i guess they think they are on a crusade or something.

Eh?

Describing Steve as a "Mac fanatic" is like describing the Pope as "a bit religious". :p

Amen-Moses

OP
macanal
Reaction score
Not Steve, the people in the crowd they are going crazy in the second link likes its the best show they have ever seen in their whole life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
macanal said:
Not Steve, the people in the crowd they are going crazy in the second link likes its the best show they have ever seen in their whole life.

If I'd had a computer that could do all that back in '84, I would have been ecstatic too.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
sevenhelmet said:
If I'd had a computer that could do all that back in '84, I would have been ecstatic too.

Ditto here! I still had my comodore 64 at that time! :spook:

A close friend had a Lisa then bought a Plus. I was very impressed with the Plus. The GUI was Way ahead of it's time. If I were in that audience I would have been going crazy also.

OP
macanal
Reaction score
Jesus i have geekometer going crazy.
thoughts of get a life come to me

Reaction score
The thing is people are less impressed with new technology because computers already do most of the stuff we want them to.

Imagine Jobs stands up tomorrow and releases an Intel Quad Core iMac that opens Photoshop in less than a second and has hand gestures on the screen and features we can't even think of.

In those days, being able to write a letter and print it, then reprint it with fixed typos, or changing the boldface of that character on line 34 was a big deal. It is a big deal, if you think about it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
macanal said:
Jesus i have geekometer going crazy.
thoughts of get a life come to me

Show me a better system in 1984 when that video came out. 286/16 with DOS 3??

OP
macanal
Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
Show me a better system in 1984 when that video came out. 286/16 with DOS 3??

Why?
Did i say it was not the best Computer in 1984?

All im saying is it's a computer!!! its not that exiting.

Do these guys beat off over Computers or something.

Personally i would only get that exited if Jordana Brewster or Kiera Knightley come out on the stage naked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
macanal said:
Why?
Did i say it was not the best Computer in 1984?

All im saying is it's a computer!!! its not that exiting.

Do these guys beat off over Computers or something.

Personally i would only get that exited if Jordana Brewster or Kiera Knightley come out on the stage naked.

Butt...

...your posting this in a forum ...about ...computers ...using ...a computer ????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't forget that a lot of those people were stockholders, and to see Apple come out with something like that had to make them feel better about their choice of investment. Kiera Knightley is amazing, but she's not going to directly influence the value of my tech stocks.

If you want to tell me they're geeks for loving something that could (and did) improve the return on their investments, then more power to ya. I'd be a geek too!

F

Fallooza

all of you should be embarrassed ta have posted in this thread. j/k macanal is clearly trollin the forums lookin for arguments. I think im goin ta give all the mods bad rep for not bannin this guy sooner. Good day

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fallooza said:
all of you should be embarrassed ta have posted in this thread. j/k macanal is clearly trollin the forums lookin for arguments. I think im goin ta give all the mods bad rep for not bannin this guy sooner. Good day

I said that a month back and nothing was done.

OP
macanal
Reaction score
I don't know where you get the idea I am trolling.

If you think stating my opinion that happens to not agree with what some of you bias fanboys think.

Then Yes I am a troller.

I don't set out to cause trouble, I only state what my opinion is, sorry if you Fanboys are so touchy and can only see your side of things.

I have done absolutely nothing wrong.
So get over it!!

I showed My Mrs. and a couple of friends Jobs last Keynote at MacWorld.

They also commented "what is wrong with these guys" someone even said are they a cult or something? Are they from Waco?

I would not go that far, but they do have cultish type of behavior.

Ask yourself a question why would I look up Mac videos use a Mac and post in Mac forums?

To pick a fight?

I have said many times I love my Mac and love Mac OSX but you fanboys only pay attention to my opinions they are against yours!?

What do you think Apple is 100% Perfect and does not need constructive criticism?
How can Apple improve if all you do is say, you’re the best, Apple is No 1.

I only state my opinion, if I say something against Apple that would only be because I would like it to get better, nothing is perfect and I believe this is a forum where you have the freedom of speech to voice your opinion, as long as your starting trouble on purpose, which I do not do!!

You Fanboys need not be so sensitive

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am Far from a Fanboy. In fact I use my AMD 64 for games and most REAL video work. I use what gets the job done the best and fastest. I much prefer Final Cut Pro to Premier but my Macs are not the fastest macs out there and I need to get the work done and NOW!

F

Fallooza

macanal said:
I don't know where you get the idea I am trolling.

If you think stating my opinion that happens to not agree with what some of you bias fanboys think.

Then Yes I am a troller.

I don't set out to cause trouble, I only state what my opinion is, sorry if you Fanboys are so touchy and can only see your side of things.

I have done absolutely nothing wrong.
So get over it!!

I showed My Mrs. and a couple of friends Jobs last Keynote at MacWorld.

They also commented "what is wrong with these guys" someone even said are they a cult or something? Are they from Waco?

I would not go that far, but they do have cultish type of behavior.

Ask yourself a question why would I look up Mac videos use a Mac and post in Mac forums?

To pick a fight?

I have said many times I love my Mac and love Mac OSX but you fanboys only pay attention to my opinions they are against yours!?

What do you think Apple is 100% Perfect and does not need constructive criticism?

I only state my opinion, if I say something against Apple that would only be because I would like it to get better, nothing is perfect and I believe this is a forum where you have the freedom of speech to voice your opinion, as long as your starting trouble on purpose, which I do not do!!

You Fanboys need not be so sensitive
hahahah you called me a Fanboy! after a post like that i wonder who is the sensitive one.

EDIT:So are ya a troll? Sorry i just couldnt tell from your post. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macanal said:

Hey, I agree with you there. Apple ain't perfect. But I don't really see how the crowd's reaction to a computer unveiling 22 YEARS AGO is really relevant to what Apple's doing today... but maybe I'm just too much of a fanboy to figure it out

:dive:

S

sterre

I guess this makes me a geek, but actually I really like watching keynote speeches of Steve Jobs. He's a great spokesman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
Wow Steve really looked young in 1984.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.