Help: iphone no longer works with iTunes after ios7

OP
kirrwed
Reaction score
Computers do not run off the ac power that comes out of the socket.
That energy has to be converted to dc power.
That is the job of the power supply.

HowStuffWorks "How PC Power Supplies Work"

Article explains why female end is not 3-pronged, but not why female end of Mac's are so different. Other poster says it requires some custom connector based on how much power each laptop requires, but no details on why a little magnetic connector works for this laptop or a single plug connector works for another or why different size connectors are needed, etc... I'm not too convinced by the Apple apologists here of Apple's sincerity with my full apologies. :) Part of the problem is you see this with other industries. A new "tech" will come out and it will have the dumbest flaw in it, that just happens to be included in the next version , which in turn will have a new flaw, that will be fixed in the next. And people keep chasing so they can have the latest and not be "left behind....."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
An article from a couple years ago about Apple holding back tech in favor of future updates that will have them.

Ill give you one thing. Your a trier !!!

As for the Article, all i saw was speculation that there could be something they have, that they will put in the iPad3. There was nothing concrete in the claims what so ever.
I am also bemused as to why you are going to such lengths about all this. . . . . If it is really that bad, and Apple are just screwing us all over, move on . . . . . And im done :D

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Almost all companies withhold some feature when a new product is announced. That's not unusual and Apple certainly isn't the first company to be accused of this. Most of the time the issue is that the "new feature/technology isn't ready for prime time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD not retina xD
I don't have time for most of your tin-hattery, but this one in particular is just ignorant.

Apple introduced the 30-pin dock connector for the iPod in 2003. They kept the same connector for all their mobile devices for over 10 years (in fact you can STILL buy current Apple products with a 30-pin connector ... the iPod Classic and the iPhone 4S among them).

Things change. If you don't like change, there's an area in Pennsylvania that will welcome you with open arms. This has nothing to do with Apple, it's the way the entire world works and has always worked. Unless you're still riding a horse as your main mode of transportation ...

Funniest thing i've seen on this forum. Amish............ Lol im dying of laughter;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Part of moving forward requires leaving the past behind and in electronics that pace is getting faster but most of us have accepted it if we want the improvements it has to offer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.