Getting CD Cover on iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Is there a way for iTunes to download the correct CD cover that I let it import from a CD? Many of the CD covers are bare after I import them with my iMac.

C

chas_m

Um, iTunes automatically grabs the cover IF the CD you are importing is a) a genuine commercial CD and b) something iTunes is aware of (which would cover a heck of a lot of music, but not absolutely everything).

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to mac and in Windows I have so many options... I was searching the web and all the programs are old and don't work anymore.

So... how the **** do I get something simpler to get the covers that iTunes cannot get? I will not go to the web, download jpg, then go to the album and use that jpg...

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Sometimes iTunes messes up on the covers. Its pretty good if its a big name or common album. But some older stuff and or music not hugely popular can have a low res or no cover at all. But never fear, if you can google an image up or any image. You can choose the album cover in iTunes by selecting the album or the songs and then Right Click and choose Get Info, from there it will ask if you want to edit multiple tracks, choose "Yes". Now double click in the white square under Artwork and the locate the image you want and then press Open. Make sure you have the CheckBox next to the Artwork clicked and then choose OK. Thats it.. :)

I tend to have this issue with my Bjork albums, mostly the rare single stuff or alternate albums of hers. Also strangely enough one of my Beastie Boys albums doesn't show up and a few of some Dance/Techno albums don't show up or show crazy artwork not related to the album. All of these a purchased the past 12 or 15 years.

Reaction score
Sometimes iTunes messes up on the covers. Its pretty good if its a big name or common album. But some older stuff and or music not hugely popular can have a low res or no cover at all. But never fear, if you can google an image up or any image. You can choose the album cover in iTunes by selecting the album or the songs and then Right Click and choose Get Info, from there it will ask if you want to edit multiple tracks, choose "Yes". Now double click in the white square under Artwork and the locate the image you want and then press Open. Make sure you have the CheckBox next to the Artwork clicked and then choose OK. Thats it.. :)

I tend to have this issue with my Bjork albums, mostly the rare single stuff or alternate albums of hers. Also strangely enough one of my Beastie Boys albums doesn't show up and a few of some Dance/Techno albums don't show up or show crazy artwork not related to the album. All of these a purchased the past 12 or 15 years.

I'm trying to avoid the manual work.. on Windows foobar2000 has a right click and get from freedb or somewhere else. There must be a way to do it.. even if it is a 5$ program. I saw some crazy 50$ programs, no way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
I'm trying to avoid the manual work.. on Windows foobar2000 has a right click and get from freedb or somewhere else. There must be a way to do it.. even if it is a 5$ program. I saw some crazy 50$ programs, no way.

Well to be honest, unless you got 1000 albums. You will spend more time looking for a cheap program to do it, then you just doing it yourself. It sounds like a lot of work, but in reality it only takes about 10sec. But to each their own.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.