iMessage not working properly on iOS7

Reaction score
Hi,

So I updated this morning (iPhone 5), and I have a problem with my iMessage. First of all, I have the absolute worst luck with technology in general, and I had a defective iPhone 4S in the summer, got an iPhone 5 replacement under warranty, and now I need to get this phone replaced again because my data randomly stopped working, and Apple said they would replace it. I'm waiting for this weekend, so I can get the 5S because that might not use as much battery with iOS7. So currently I can only send texts, and iMessage when I am on wifi.

Anyways, right now, my iMessage is only sending to my friends from my email. None of my other friends are having this problem. I went into the Message settings to iMessage/send and receive, and I can tap my email addresses to use them for iMessage, but my phone number is light gray and I can't tap it. When I untap all my emails, iMessage completely stops. This is a huge problem, as lots of people don't have my email, and I am not getting a lot of texts today.

OP
T
Reaction score
And now it's working fine! So weird. I went into the settings again and now only my phone number is selected, not my email.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.