Shared Drive is Saving Other User Folder Settings

Reaction score
I work at a small company which stores all our data on a local NAS. Everyone is running a Mac and we all frequently access the data on it.

My problem is that when I open the mounted drive on my computer, it opens the drive with settings from whoever opened it last. If they have some folders expanded, they'll open expanded on my computer. If they have items sorted by date, then they'll be sorted by date on my computer. I really want to be able to open the drive and have it remember my settings.

Any help on this would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
If you open finder > view > show view options...

do you have the items open & browse in column view checked? Then you can also choose a arrange by default.

See if this corrects the issue and lets the files open in default view each time. You may have to have usernames & password set up through an active directory if you do not already, as 'connect to server' essentially views all users the same if they don't go through a username/password combo making every connection rooted in 'guest.'

OP
D
Reaction score
I think I may have fixed it. I took your suggestion milessthomas and I setup a separate username/password for myself to log into the NAS. So far so good, but it'll take a day or two of use to make sure things are working properly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Great, glad that worked for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.