Phone, Calendar, and Reminders app in iOS 7

Reaction score
iOS 7 has a number of new features and advantages. However several drawbacks and these are big ones. One of them is the phone and for some reason the buttons are twice as small as the phone in iOS 6, and the delete key is very very very small and hidden at the top. Also how can I add a second caller like a conference call or three way calling?

Also I do not like the New Calendar app. In the iOS 6 app I could look at the entire month and the appointments I had for each day. IOS 7 forces me to look at the entire week only to see any appointments and they are spread out and not as user friendly or easy to access as iOS 6. And finally the tasks/reminders app seems like a big step down as I cant see the tasks I assigned each day of the week. Or are there ways around what I have mentioned?

And finally what happened to the fully charged icon for my phone once it was 100% complete?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
iOS 7 has a number of new features and advantages. However several drawbacks and these are big ones. One of them is the phone and for some reason the buttons are twice as small as the phone in iOS 6, and the delete key is very very very small and hidden at the top. Also how can I add a second caller like a conference call or three way calling?
You mean the delete key while in the Phone dialer? It seems functional enough to me and appears when it needs to. I haven't had a chance to play with the conference call ability yet since upgrading last night..so no comments on that..yet..:)

Also I do not like the New Calendar app. In the iOS 6 app I could look at the entire month and the appointments I had for each day. IOS 7 forces me to look at the entire week only to see any appointments and they are spread out and not as user friendly or easy to access as iOS 6. And finally the tasks/reminders app seems like a big step down as I cant see the tasks I assigned each day of the week. Or are there ways around what I have mentioned?
In the calendar app, while holding the phone in portrait mode, click on the magnifying glass to the top right, next to the plus sign. This is the equivalent to the "list" function from iOS 6 and shows you all of your appointments by date and allows you to search as well.

I don't us the reminder/tasks app, so I have nothing there..

And finally what happened to the fully charged icon for my phone once it was 100% complete?

The fully charged icon only appears when you reach a 100% and the charger is still plugged in and I saw it on my iPhone 4 when doing the upgrade last night. What do you see instead?

OP
E
Reaction score
You mean the delete key while in the Phone dialer? It seems functional enough to me and appears when it needs to. I haven't had a chance to play with the conference call ability yet since upgrading last night..so no comments on that..yet..:)

In the calendar app, while holding the phone in portrait mode, click on the magnifying glass to the top right, next to the plus sign. This is the equivalent to the "list" function from iOS 6 and shows you all of your appointments by date and allows you to search as well.

I don't us the reminder/tasks app, so I have nothing there..

The fully charged icon only appears when you reach a 100% and the charger is still plugged in and I saw it on my iPhone 4 when doing the upgrade last night. What do you see instead?

Thank you for your kind reply. What I meant was that in iOS 6 I can look at the entire month and then select a day and see the appointments for that day in month view. Month view is gone in iOS 7 and I can only see appointments by switching to week view. I can view the entire month but just not see appointments.

Also the fully battery charged icon is gone in iOS 7. Check out this screenshot.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/death-to-textures-ios-6-and-ios-7-compared-in-pictures/#image-2

Also the calendar app

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/09/death-to-textures-ios-6-and-ios-7-compared-in-pictures/#image-9

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I think the activities for the day are still "kinda" available in month view. If you click on a particular day, you get a scrollable list of events for that day and notice that you get a weeks worth of dates to switch between and the top goes from "< 2013" to "< September" and clicking on that brings you back to month view..

It is different than the way iOS 6 did it..

I'll have to charge my phone soon again and once it charges up to 100% (I have enabled the percentage), I'll see if the fully charged icon returns or not..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.