Haswell Mac Mini?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving for a Mac
m curious if anyone has heard any rumours of a haswell mac mini with hd 5000 graphics? trying to figure out when i get my settlement check if i should go buy a current model or wait.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Thread moved - not an Apple rumor or report.

The Mac Mini has an average refresh cycle of 381 days and we are at day 331 per the Buyers Guide, so use your judgement on whether a refresh is due or not..:)

When the refresh does happen, no guesses on what it might entail..but I imagine minimally it'll be a new processor..

OP
GamerGirlAlice
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving for a Mac
Thread moved - not an Apple rumor or report.

The Mac Mini has an average refresh cycle of 381 days and we are at day 331 per the Buyers Guide, so use your judgement on whether a refresh is due or not..:)

When the refresh does happen, no guesses on what it might entail..but I imagine minimally it'll be a new processor..

misunderstood the section, thought i could ask if there had been rumor. i apologize.

sounds like couple months and theres a possibility of a new mac mini. be nice if they give it a dedicated gpu like mbp. intell for low level stuff then dedicated when needed.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The Apple Rumor and Reports section is to post either of them..not ask about them..:)

Anyway, there's been less attention on the Macs in general, so it's harder to guess what new features will show up..

The general wisdom has been to look at the current offering and if you need it right now, purchase it. If you can wait (never know how long) then wait and see what new features show up..

OP
GamerGirlAlice
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Saving for a Mac
The general wisdom has been to look at the current offering and if you need it right now, purchase it. If you can wait (never know how long) then wait and see what new features show up..

well i have to wait for my settlement ether way for only couple weeks i hope. i do debate if its worth getting custom mac mini or best off self model i can

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would suspect that whenever the Mini and the MacBook Pro lines are refreshed, they will be sporting the Haswell chipset along with the newer Intel HD 5000 GPU. The iMacs of course will continue to have discrete graphics capability. Refresh maybe by the end of this year?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.