iCloud eBook sync?

Reaction score
I seem to remember a recent iCloud commercial that highlight that whatever you do on your iPhone will immediately update your iPhone and home computer (and vice versa). During said commercial, I want to say that they showed a book that was read on one device and then the person opened the same book on another device and it took them to the page they left off on on the first device.

My question is, how can I set this up? I don't see a "Books" category in my System Preferences>iCloud settings.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
iBooks does not sync the last read page between devices. It will sync bookmarks if you have it turned on.
If you bookmark your last page read every time - guess that would work.
That would be turned on, on your iDevice in Settings - iBook

You need the Kindle app if you want to sync last page read between devices.
All devices - Mac, Windows, iOs, Android, Kindle...

While iBooks purchased material is still only available in iOS.

C

chas_m

This will change as of the release of OS X Mavericks, which is expected next month. You will be able to view iBooks purchases on your Mac if you want to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.