iOS 7 beta to full version

Reaction score
I have an unauthorized (pirated) beta of iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. Yes..it's a bad thing and I'm half embarrassed to admit to it. The other half isn't so embarrassed because it IS amazing. I love everything about it over iOS 6.

I'm wondering what happens to the beta versions when the full version is released on Sept. 18?? Do I have to downgrade and then upload the full version or can I just update as usual?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I imagine you'll have to reset your iPhone 5 first from iTunes before installing the legal version of iOS 7. I don't understand why folks are so anxious to have the latest version that they will resort to using an illegal copy. I don't know if you've been backing up your iPhone apps and data but now would be a good time to do so.

OP
I
Reaction score
Yes...My iPhone and iPad are both backed up regularly. But I think I'll also do a little manual backing up. Yes...I deserve a scolding. I wasn't dis-satisfied with iOS 6 at all. It was like an experiment to see if it was as easy as some were saying. Surprisingly...it was. Thank you for your reply. Aloha!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.