Osx leopard on imac g4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
we all know its possible installing leopard in a imac g4 even if it has less than 867 mhz. well i did it in my imac g4 flat panel with 700mhz, it all went fine.

but theres a problem, at that time apple released graphic updates for geforce 2 mx, that happens to be my gfx, and that update fixed sleep issues concerning this and some other gfx. but here is the thing, the update works on intel leopards, letting us that have leopard in an imac g4 with sleep issues and black screen after wake up. does anyone knows the solution?

OP
M
Reaction score
i once read u can use the tiger drivers for that solution. i hope someone have figures how to fix it out. i searched on low end amc forums and nthg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
but theres a problem, at that time apple released graphic updates for geforce 2 mx, that happens to be my gfx, and that update fixed sleep issues concerning this and some other gfx. but here is the thing, the update works on intel leopards, letting us that have leopard in an imac g4 with sleep issues and black screen after wake up. does anyone knows the solution?

Maybe this is one of the problems with installing Leopard on an Apple computer with less than an 867mhx cpu (with other issues to be discovered).;)

Or looking at things from another perspective. Sure...it may be possible to install Leopard of Apple computers with less than an 867mhz cpu...but no one promised the same exact compatibility that you would get if the computer met the min. requirements for Leopard.:)

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Maybe this is one of the problems with installing Leopard on an Apple computer with less than an 867mhx cpu (with other issues to be discovered).;)

Or looking at things from another perspective. Sure...it may be possible to install Leopard of Apple computers with less than an 867mhz cpu...but no one promised the same exact compatibility that you would get if the computer met the min. requirements for Leopard.:)

- Nick

thx for reply, but thats not the problem, because it has been seen on pcs with more than 867 hmz and in pcs with intel. its due to some gfx

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thx for reply, but thats not the problem, because it has been seen on pcs with more than 867 hmz and in pcs with intel. its due to some gfx

Just wanted to let you know that we do not allow discussions of the Mac OS installed on "PC's" here at Mac-Forums.

Thanks for understanding,

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you know that we do not allow discussions of the Mac OS installed on "PC's" here at Mac-Forums.

- Nick
i think u misunderstood mate :) ,as far as im concerned IMAC G4 with POWER PC from apple its not a pc...

OP
M
Reaction score
as far as im concerned IMAC G4 with POWER PC from apple its not a pc...

http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2009/12/09/imac-g4.jpg
thats my APPLE model IMAC G4 PPC FLAT PANEL, as you can see is not a pc its an apple. as many fans of apple i wanted to give my ppc new life by installing leopard on unsupported processor. it all went fine, but graphic card has glitches, but its supported by apple and apple recognised the bugs and fixed. i wanted to know if anyone managed to fix it, because some people where able to get sleep fixed in those gfx cards and on imac g4 flat panels. i used leopard assist

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats my APPLE model IMAC G4 PPC FLAT PANEL, as you can see is not a pc its an apple.

Since you feel the need to press the point...all Apple computers actually are "pc's"...since "pc" stands for "personal computer".

Better terminology for the majority of computers the don't run the Mac OS is..."Windows Computers".

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The warning you were given above was in regards to the mentioning of "Windows Computers" running the Mac OS.

If you push the point...you will receive a warning & the thread will be closed.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
The warning you were given above was in regards to the mentioning of "Windows Computers" running the Mac OS.

If you push the point...you will receive a warning & the thread will be closed.

- Nick
mate, IMAC G4 is not a WINDOWS PC!!!!! its an APPLE COMPUTER. im not hackintoshing

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.