Apple TV- Can I make this work?

Reaction score
Hi-
I have a new MB Pro on order and it's replacing a 2009 MB Pro. I currently have Bootcamp set up on the '09 MB and use it in Windows mode to run an application. I have the MB configured under W7 to show screen 1 on the MB, then have a VGA splitter/booster that feeds 2 LCD tvs (Mirrored image of screen 2 on both). I am wanting to replace the cabling with an Apple TV. I could get a HDMI splitter but would like to lose the cables. Do I need 2 Apple TVs, one at each monitor? Or one Apple TV and run a cable from the new MB to the other?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You should be able to use an HDMI splitter to have the ATV send the signals to 2 TVs, but I'm not certain on that. I've never used one, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work if they do work as expected. In any event, you wouldn't be able to mirror your display to 2 separate ATVs.

As for actually feeding your display 2 to the ATV, you'd have to do this using 3rd party software like AirParrot. Again, I haven't used this myself, but it appears to be what you need. I'd check in with the developer to be sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.