Problem With Paragon NTFS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA mid-2013 (10.12.4), iPad 5th gen (10.3.1)
So I gave a shot to Paragon NTFS and just got the trial.

I have an HDD box, which contains a 1,5 TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm which is formatted in NTFS. The drive needs external power to run. I provide and plug it in to Mac.

Paragon NTFS fails to recognize the NTFS disk. I can't see the drive in the app's preferences like everyone seems to see (screenshots), and I can't write to it. Just reading, as it was before I used this.

Could you guys help me here? What do you think the problem is here? It recognized my 16 GB flash disk.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dammit...
I thought it was too stupid to be the cause. But, I gave a name to the disk in Windows and now it works... Isn't that something simple to solve?

Anyway, Paragon NTFS for Mac does not recognize the NTFS partition if it doesn't have a name. Note to self.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Anyway, Paragon NTFS for Mac does not recognize the NTFS partition if it doesn't have a name. Note to self.

Naturally. Keep in mind that Windows partitions are designated by drive letter. Since you are not running Windows but have an external drive formatted to NTFS, Paragon NTFS has to have a way of identifying the drive or partition. By the way, the demo is fully functional for 10 days.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you know how their licensing policy is? Do I pay for this version and have the all future versions, or do I only get this version and minor updates to it?

The other thing I'd like to know, how the upgrades in Mac OS work. Will my apps for Mountain Lion work with Mavericks without getting an update?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
As far as Mavericks and whether apps will need updates that is likely to be a mixed bag of tricks. Most apps which run well under Lion or Mountain Lion will probably be OK. Some apps will need updates simply to take advantage fo new features in Mavericks and a few, generally older apps, will need to be updated / replaced to run at all.

In that regard it is not much different from Windows updates.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys.

I think NTFS for Mac will be needing an update to be working on Mavericks, because I think it installs some scripts or something to the system. Well then, if they don't cover at least one big update (they call it upgrade, so I think they'll charge for that), I'll have to postpone buying it until I get Mavericks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.