• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sony W800i as an MP3 player

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm looking at the Sony W800i for my girlfriend. She wants a cheap mp3 player (a nano would be nice but it's not cheap) but is about to get a free upgrade for her mobile phone. So i suggested get an mp3 phone and save a few quid.

The W800i seems to be the front-runner at the moment, being built from ground up with mp3 in mind, but how does it perform in the real world.

Can anyone give me some hands on experiences with this phone, i'm primarily interested in:
battery life when playing music
computer interface(she's windows based, mostly uses win media player 10)
How does phone interact /interrupt when mp3 is already playing

Thanks
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I have the K750i (same phone, just comes with less memory).

It's actually not bad as an Mp3 player, sound quality is good, you can use different earbuds with it if you want and battery life is fairly decent too.

But I also have a 30GB iPod so I haven't really tested it as a full-time replacement much.

There are some nice little scripts and apps for OS X to sync it with iTunes if you want to go that way...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.