Nation search engine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.8.3, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB memory
A few weeks ago, my Mac got infected with "Nation search engine." I had only downloaded one questionable thing recently and so I suspected that. With a little difficulty, I managed to get my Mac using Google again (it doesn't matter me which search engine I use, as long as it's one that I choose!) If someone else is choosing for me without my consent, it's obviously going to be bad for me.

But this stuff is like poison ivy! It's back - and harder than ever to eradicate. Any ideas where it came from, how to rid myself of this pest?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There's a solution here that worked for someone. Check to see if there are any browser extensions as well that may have been installed.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS 10.8.3, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB memory
There's a solution here that worked for someone. Check to see if there are any browser extensions as well that may have been installed.

Thanks. For some reason that thread didn't show up before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.