• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Dock Sticker

S

st1100pilot

Greeting all, first post for me.

A few years ago, I saw a sticker on the bottom of the rear window of a car that simply looked like the dock in OSX. I have been looking for one ever since, and have pretty much given up on it, but decided to post here to see if anybody knows where I can get my hands on one.

BTW, this is my first Mac, a PowerBook 15". I have had it for 13 months now, and have had all of one system freeze in all that time. I really push thing to its limits all the time using Adobe CS, and typically have six or seven programs running all the time.

I'm thrilled with my Mac, and have since then put Linux on all my PC's just so I don't have to stare at that Start button anymore.

Thanks again.

OP
B

Badger

Two prime sources for Apple stuff - Redlight Runner and Missing Bite - both come up dry. Maybe it was not done by Apple.

Reaction score
macAttack, thanks for the find! I love that sticker.

Good day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
I read about that in Cult of Mac. It was a custom-designed sticker made by a guy who worked with graphic design. I have no clue what his name was or how (if you could possibly) contact him.

You could create your own (it would be even cooler if it were your dock, not just the generic Apple dock).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
lol, cooler? Im pretty sure if i saw a dock on the back of someones car I would think of it the same as if they had tape on this glasses and a pocket protector.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Graphite said:
lol, cooler? Im pretty sure if i saw a dock on the back of someones car I would think of it the same as if they had tape on this glasses and a pocket protector.

Actually, I meant that it'd be a cooler showing of your love for the Mac if it were your dock, not just some generic Apple one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no no no... it wouldn't be cool at all

:biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Graphite said:
no no no... it wouldn't be cool at all

:biohazard

No... I got what you were saying, I was just trying to clarify.

OP
S

st1100pilot

If someone made these, would you buy them? I'd probably blow $12 on a decent one. The problem would be doing it for profit, I bet Stevie Jobs wouldn't be real happy about somebody turning a profit on the Dock.

Anybody work at a shop that could make them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone with a color printer, scissors and tape could make them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
Graphite said:
Anyone with a color printer, scissors and tape could make them.
harsh....​

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.