Pages 09

C

chas_m

No. Pages is not a messaging system, it's a word processor.

It can autocorrect your spelling if that's what you want.

OP
A
Reaction score
I do not want a messaging system. I do want a word processor with the same capability that I used to have with Word, but unfortunately it does not seem to have some very useful functions, one of which is to have a simple shortcut to type a word, phrase or a whole paragraph. I can do that on a pad, but cannot seem to do it on a Mac, with Pages or at all.

C

chas_m

Yes of course you can do that in Pages (and in other apps on a Mac). You just don't know how (yet), but you will by the end of this post. :)

The problem is that that's NOT the definition of "predictive text," so naturally I didn't understand what you wanted. What you want is a Macro.

To do this in Pages (and most other standard Apple applications on a Mac):

1. Open System Preference and select "Language and Text."
2. Click on the "Text" tab.
3. Use the "plus" button at the bottom of the preset list to add, edit and generally manage any custom word/phrase shortcuts you want to have.

IOW, it works pretty much the same way it does on the iPad.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks chasm, that is most helpful.

Do you know whether you can use a watermark in Pages, i.e. write DRAFT in feint across a document?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you know whether you can use a watermark in Pages, i.e. write DRAFT in feint across a document?

Watch the following video to learn how: LINK

OP
A
Reaction score
Could you type out the link, as I could not reach it when I clicked on it.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry about that, for some reason the link was taken down last night. Try this one instead and let us know....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.