two windows

Reaction score
My daughter will repay a loan each month. To receive the money, her bank sends to me a verification code via e-mail which I must enter in the bank's window which must be open simultaneously with my e-mail window. How do I set up 2 windows side by side so I can toggle between them. The system does not work if I close my e-mail window and go to the bank's window

M

MacInWin

What Mac? What OS? What browser? What email system? We need a few clues to help here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i5,500Gb,8Gb
My daughter will repay a loan each month. To receive the money, her bank sends to me a verification code via e-mail which I must enter in the bank's window which must be open simultaneously with my e-mail window. How do I set up 2 windows side by side so I can toggle between them. The system does not work if I close my e-mail window and go to the bank's window

I think you need to enable pop up blocker on your browser.
If you use Safari,you can enable pop-up by going to Safari>Preferences>Security>
Un-check Enable Pop-up windws

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
If you're using webmail, just open the Safari web browser and go to your email website. Open the mail message, then click the "+" (plus) symbol near the top right of the Safari window. This will open up a new tab where you can open the bank's website. Now you can click back and forth between the two tabs.

Or you can open the mail message and move and/or resize the window to fit on one side of the screen. Then from the menu bar up top, click File>New Window, go to the bank's website and move and/or resize the window to the other side of the screen. Now you have two windows open at once. This is also what you do if you're using a mail client like Mail on your Mac or Outlook.

M

MacInWin

I don't have FF, but there are two ways to go: 1. Look at the top menu bar to see if there is a command in FF to open a second tab. Open gmail in one tab, the bank in a second. Then in gmail highlight what you need to copy and unr Cmd-C to copy to the clipboard. Move to the bank tab, get where the code needs to go and Cmd-V to paste it in. 2. Use the same Cmd-C to copy to clipboard, then open bank URL and paste with Cmd-V. Even if the gmail is closed, there isn't any way for the bank URL to know, so that should work, too.

If you must have two windows, see if FF top menu has a way to open a second window, then resize them to fit. Use Cmd-C/Cmd-V to copy what you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i5,500Gb,8Gb
It's imac 5,2 mac OS X version10.6.8 firefox browser gmail
Press Command+ T to open a new tab or Command + N to open new window.

P.S.Command key is the key on left of space bar on your keyboard of imac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.