Need Airport replacement asap!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to buy a new airport as my current one has just died. It was a 2008 Airport express base station. I've looked around and I can't figure out a suitable replacement for my old hardware. I'm currently using quite an old iMac (2009 with 1GB ram running 10.5.8) so could anyone recommend a decent Airport that could go through a number of walls with a good signal strength that can be used in unison with my iMac? Any help is appreciated.
Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi, I'm looking to buy a new airport as my current one has just died. It was a 2008 Airport express base station. I've looked around and I can't figure out a suitable replacement for my old hardware. I'm currently using quite an old iMac (2009 with 1GB ram running 10.5.8) so could anyone recommend a decent Airport that could go through a number of walls with a good signal strength that can be used in unison with my iMac? Any help is appreciated.
Cheers.

If the Airport Express was serving you well, then the newer version of that should do just fine. The Airport Extreme is more capable, of course, and the Time Capsule lets you do wireless backups with the Time Machine feature in Leopard and onwards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.