Trading in my iPhone 4s on 5s questions

Reaction score
I'm considering trading in my iPhone 4s (Verizon 3G) on a new 5s. I'm interested in getting a 5s with 4G, and without a contract. So what are my best options? My wife currently has the unlimited plan through Walmart for $45 per month. Can I trade-in my 4s at Walmart? Or can I sell the 4s say on eBay?

-Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is your Verizon 4S still under contract with Verizon? If it's not, you can ask that it be unlocked and sell it or trade it in at Apple or Best Buy. Wal-Mart will start accepting trade ins on the 21st of September.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Is your Verizon 4S still under contract with Verizon? If it's not, you can ask that it be unlocked and sell it or trade it in at Apple or Best Buy. Wal-Mart will start accepting trade ins on the 21st of September.

The contract expires in October. I was just researching how to "wipe" the iPhone in order to sell it. If the trade-in allowance is not too low, I may just trade it in then.

-Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I have a 4S too, but mine is already out of contract. I have jailbroken it and had Verizon unlock it earlier this year for a trip to Europe. I'm pretty confident I can sell it online jailbroken and unlocked for more than any trade-in offer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.