console messages

PJS

Reaction score
I recently found that I have 1000+ messages in my Console. Many of the messages say "Failed to count the number of files in [location]. No such file or directory." Other messages have to do with Safari and show what I assume is an error code: [4675]. Other messages have to do with launching. Some have to do with leaking and a pool. What do these mean? Is my computer at risk? Is this something that needs to be fixed?

Thank you!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Unless you're specifically looking for something, it's best to say out of the Console logs. Reading them is an easy to become a "digital hypochondriac" - constantly fearing that something is wrong with the machine. Thus, unless anything has actually been acting off/weird, it's best to ignore those messages (many of which are innocuous).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.