iPad "cannot open" iTunes movie rentals

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20
I am travelling / I rented 2 ,movies for the plane but did it from an old 32bit Macbook. They transferred fine to the iPad but when I tried to open them I got the "Cannot Open" message. Result - did not get to watch my rentals ! I have an idea the fact that I purchased on an old generation Macbook Pro is the issue ?

They are still on my iPad (and presumably still somewhow registered in my account)

I happen to be travelling with a 64bit Macbook Pro (should have purchased from here in the first place !!)

I am thinking there might be a way to resync my iPad with my 64 bit Macbook and resync the movies so that I can at least watch them on of before the flight home next week

Ideas appreciated ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I am travelling / I rented 2 ,movies for the plane but did it from an old 32bit Macbook. They transferred fine to the iPad but when I tried to open them I got the "Cannot Open" message. Result - did not get to watch my rentals ! I have an idea the fact that I purchased on an old generation Macbook Pro is the issue ?

They are still on my iPad (and presumably still somewhow registered in my account)

I happen to be travelling with a 64bit Macbook Pro (should have purchased from here in the first place !!)

I am thinking there might be a way to resync my iPad with my 64 bit Macbook and resync the movies so that I can at least watch them on of before the flight home next week

Ideas appreciated ?

When doc'd to your Mac look in iTunes in Devices select your iPad and then look at movies then select either all or just the titles you want then re-sync.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.