browser problems

Reaction score
well it seems that the only browser thats working on my 2006 macbook pro with snow leopard is safari. ive been on the phone with the internet provider about the wireless setup and now have everything set to where it should be but still more than half the time firefox ends up dead saying its not responding. the best way ive found to get it to work is force quit then it will work for a while. suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I would delete it and re-download.

C

chas_m

There's been a couple dozen updates to Firefox since last week :) download a fresh copy and try it again!

Mind you, if Safari's working ... what's wrong with that? I keep trying other browsers, and I keep coming back to Safari.

OP
H
Reaction score
ive just always used firefox. works great on my desktop. just like to figure out why its hanging up so much on my laptop.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you tried any other browser out there to see if this is specific to Firefox? It might be worth checking that out to narrow down the type of problem (networking or application).

OP
H
Reaction score
tried a few and its only safari that will work perfect. others take forever to respond.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
That doesn't make much sense on the face of it but if Safari works for you and you don't dislike it, perhaps it's best to stick with it for now. Don't be surprised if it gobbles up your memory though (it tends to consume memory as if it were going out of style).

OP
H
Reaction score
thats it right there, doesnt make much sense. firefox works great on my macpro desktop. wife uses her macbook pro for some game she plays online. she had problems with safari because safari kept quitting so she switched to using firefox and never had ay problems on my desktop. some game they play on facebook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.